WALTONS DIRECT PRIVACY NOTICE
Formed in 1985, Waltons Direct are specialist commercial property marketing business-to-business data providers. We are fully compliant with the requirements as set out in the Data Protection Act 2018. In addition to the use of our own database, it is possible that third party data may be included in a client order. In this event, this data is checked for its compliance.
Legal basis to process your personal data
Waltons Direct Privacy Notice states how we utilise and protect any information we collect or that you provide to us. We will ensure your privacy is protected and, should we ask you to provide or confirm certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Due to the nature of our business and the size of our database, it is not practical for us to ask every individual for his/her consent. We have assessed our and our clients' business interests in carrying out commercial property marketing activities and we have carefully considered the impact the collection and use of personal data could potentially have on individuals' rights. Our databases contain business data, which is used to promote commercial property and commercial property services in the UK and such activities are unlikely to affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals concerned. We have therefore concluded that the most appropriate lawful ground for the processing of your personal data is our and our client's legitimate interests. In accordance with Recital 47: 'The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest'.
What personal information does Waltons Direct collect?
Waltons Direct speak directly to businesses and organisations to confirm or verify information held on our business database and therefore provide you with a service that you may require. When contacting you we may do this by phone, post or email. The information we collect or verify is:
* Name & position title
* Organisation name, activity & number of employees
* Business contact information incl. address, telephone number & email address
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How do we protect it?
Waltons Direct will ensure your information is kept secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard the information we hold and collect. These are physical, managerial, administrative and IT-related processes.
You have the right to:
- Request to see the personal data we hold about you. This includes the right to obtain a confirmation as to whether or not we process any of your personal data;
- Request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data that we hold on you;
- From May 2018, in certain circumstances you may have the right to be forgotten (i.e. to have your personally identifiable data deleted). In many cases we would recommend that we suppress you from future communications, rather than data deletion;
- In certain situations you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage;
- Request that we do not process your personal data for commercial property direct marketing and that we will keep your contact details to ensure that no further contact is made;
- Object to our processing of your personal data if we are relying on legitimate interest as the lawful ground for processing; and
- Request the transfer of any personal data you have provided to us to a different organisation.
See how to contact Waltons Direct below.
How do we use your personal data
We use your personal information for direct marketing purposes only. We may periodically despatch to you via post or email commercial property particulars that may be of interest to you. We may also provide your personal data to commercial property agents (or their clients) who may do the same as above or call you promoting buildings for rent or purchase currently on the market or professional services they consider might be of interest to you.
We collect and store personal data for the purpose of our business database. As such, we will only retain your personal data for as long as we believe it is up-to-date, i.e. as long as it is associated with a business that is included in our database. We verify our data periodically and if we learn that you are no longer involved with a business that is in our database,
we will remove your data from our records.
We shall comply with the Data Protection Act 2018/GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic
Communications Regulations 2003 as amended, extended, re-enacted or replaced from time
to time, and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and
privacy and the equivalent of any of the foregoing in any relevant jurisdiction.
How to contact Waltons Direct
If you would like to contact us please do so by writing to Waltons Direct, Woodlands Park,
Bedford Road, Clapham, Beds MK41 6EJ, telephone us on 01767 600500/07974 660701
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org